NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After much research and help from people on this forum (shout out to phantom 102553) I have narrowed it down to the Moken 12.5 and the Vibe sea ghost 130. They appear to be close to the same thing but the Vibe is all little cheaper and comes with everything you need to get started. Just wanted to get you guys opinion to see which one may be better and if anyone owns either of these kayaks.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I have no experience with either one.

Not sure if you get the layer of dealer support on the Vibe, whereas I believe you can get the Moken from places like Hunt Fish Paddle or Great Outdoor Provision with knowledgeable and available staff, accessories and experience. Maybe not a strong requirement, but can definitely be helpful.

Maybe getting it back to the top will generate some more useful responses.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have the longer brother moken 14 and like it.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Moken all the way man. Don't buy an off brand yak, and i'm just now hearing about vibe's. You really do get what you pay for and FeelFree has some of the best customer service in the business.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Moken.. And no need to thank me. Just looking out for a fellow angler. Let me know if you need Hunt Fish Paddles, Adams, contact info.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yep, Adam'll hook you up. Great shop. If you live near charlotte and want a test paddle lmk. I"ll also be at Randleman on saturday if thats closer. I'll let you take a spin after the tournament

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.