NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

First off - thanks for the warm welcome in the newcomers forum!

Now a question...

I've been regularly fishing the Tuck and the Nan on day trips up from Atlanta (and occasionally the Davidson and a few smaller streams in the smokies) for the past 10 years or so. What are some other good streams in that general area that I should explore?

·
Registered
156 Posts
asago, We might have bumped in to each other on the nanny. I usually fish the section just above the powerhouse (the fenced section) The building under construction is going to be "The Nantahala-River Lodge".

Have you ever fished Snowbird or Slickrock creeks in Graham County? They're only a hop and a skip from the Nantahala. Both creeks offer blue ribbon wild trout fishing opportunities. Snowbird is the best native brookie stream in North Carolina. Slickrock offers good Brook trout at the headwaters, good Rainbows ot the mouth of the creek where it enters Cheoah res. The best thing about Slickrock is the Wild Browns above the falls 20" plus is not uncommon if you know how to stalk um.

The next time you fish the Nanny take a ride up to Robbinsville and stop by the Ranger station and pick up a map.

Tight Lines ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I have not fished snowbird or slickrock - I will definitely check it out! A friend of mine, Nick Carter, one of the editors of GON, told me about snowbird earlier this year - sounds like a cool place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.