NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Ordnance Point boat ramp Sunday Aug 19 from 6:15-715pm using Okuma Inspira on 7ft St Croix w/10 lb power pro. I casted Berkley rattle shrimp in white w/chartruese tail. The grassy banks were flooded so i casted 5-10ft off the shore and did slower retrieve with little twitches and some pauses. I got 3 flounder to 13inches with significantly larger bite that spit the hook. Later i went over to Hancock with the same set up plus a larger pole with double hook bottom rig and sinker. Used live shrimp, mullet, and bunker but no bites. I tried the bottom rig with a popping cork too but the 4ft gator kept chasing it. While catching the bunker on the boat ramp dock i caught the fish in the picture. Is this a small drum or some type of croaker? I just started fishing down here a few weeks ago so Im not sure! Also in the pictures are the left and right banks I casted off Ord Point boat ramp.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.