NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any style fly popp'n rigs or clouser or combo of both? Spec hunter uses a pop'n combo I think. Will the drop off in the river around minnasotte beach north side produce?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
You looking slot fish or old drum??? And do you mean specfever on the rig??

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Think he's talking about Gary Dubriel and his fly rod popping corks. He uses a bigger one for bull reds on a 10 weight thru 12 weight with them. He also has some small for pups and specks.

Any baitfish or shrimp pattern will catch speckled trout, red drum and flounder. Also some topwater action.
SpookyFlies008.jpg

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
baitfish or shrimp pattern will do fine. Where to fish them CREEKS or dop off in river. Popping rig with DOA on spinner? I have never caught a red or trout but I KEEP TRING. Even hired a guide but had no luck at all. We had bananas on the boat. don't go fishing with me. I need help.

·
Registered
833 Posts
If you've never caught a red before, then I wouldn't recommend trying to figure them out with a fly rod. Definitely bring spinning tackle and a popping cork with a big swim bait and procure or 4 inch gulf shrimp under a popping cork first lot fish up against the banks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts