NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
whimper.... makin' me jealous... CoachKinsey has told me that Oriental's a great place to fish... I've never made it down there...

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Sounds like a good time!!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Rockhopper, could you please tell me a little about Oriental? Are there any piers to fish from, bank fishing opportunities, motel rates, etc.. I've always gone to Morehead but am looking at other locations.

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
finstalker,

There are no piers in Oriental but you can fish along the seawall near the park. You can also rent a kayak in town and do some great creek fishing for specks, drum, flounder, etc. There are 3-4 guides in town too that are excellent to work with and will put you on fish. Oriental is a great little town and a wonderful place to relax. I'm not sure about motel rates these days. Check out Towndock.net to learn more about the town and possibly find some motel information. My in-laws live in Oriental and it is one of my favorite places in the world to go. :)

Rockhopper, could you please tell me a little about Oriental? Are there any piers to fish from, bank fishing opportunities, motel rates, etc.. I've always gone to Morehead but am looking at other locations.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NCAngler - couldn't have put it better myself! tcfisherman - there honestly isn't a bad creek to fish up & down from Oriental. Just watch the winds - today for example (SW winds) I've never seen so little water around Oriental!

·
Registered
273 Posts
NCAngler - couldn't have put it better myself! tcfisherman - there honestly isn't a bad creek to fish up & down from Oriental. Just watch the winds - today for example (SW winds) I've never seen so little water around Oriental!

I have a place across from Oriental and went down late yesterday to show the big boat. When we got down there about 6:30 pm the water was 150 yards out from where it normally is. Quite a sight. Too dark to take pictures.:mad:

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Im planning on renting a kayak next weekend in Oriental. I would like to fish Kershaw or Greens creek. Where are some boat ramps or good places to put in? Also are there any bait shops in Oriental?
Can't help much as I've only fished there once but have been through the area a few times here lately for work and plan to fish there more often in the future. I can tell you that one of our Angler Sponsors is right down the road in in Minnesott Beach - KneeDeep of Minnesott Beach Bait & Tackle 252-249-1786 Give him a call, I'm sure he can help you out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Joey - there is a public boat ramp with a kayak launch next to the bridge in Oriental (just to the right of the new condos as you leave town). Anyone at the kayak shop or at the coffee shop in town can tell you where it is located. As far as bait is concerned, you're pretty much on your own unless you want frozen (West Marine) or can pick it up at Minnesott or Bayboro.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I own a small jon w/9.9 merc . I fish inside in caim weather . I very strongly recommend to HIRE A GUIDE . They will teach you how and where to fish. It will be the best bang for your buck you have ever spent. Every time I go to a new area., I first hire a guide for a 1/2 day. Money will spent I think Topsail will agree.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
I own a small jon w/9.9 merc . I fish inside in caim weather . I very strongly recommend to HIRE A GUIDE . They will teach you how and where to fish. It will be the best bang for your buck you have ever spent. Every time I go to a new area., I first hire a guide for a 1/2 day. Money will spent I think Topsail will agree.
Absolutely! It's a wise investment and will speed up your learning curve! (no, I'm not a guide).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.