NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

I am planning to head to Oriental tomorrow to do some fishing from the yak. Looking for the normal suspects: Founder/Trout/Drum. I generally fish the pamlico/pungo/OBX areas, so I am unfamiliar with the Oriental area. Seeing as how fish seem to be extinct in my normal fishing areas, I plan to venture to new waters tomorrow.

Where is a good place to launch in the Oriental area? I dont know the area at all, so if there are any tips/areas you area willing to share I will be greatly appreciative. I will be leaving Greenville ridiculously early and dont want to be wandering aimlessly looking for water access.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
There is a ramp in oriental on the two creeks. Hit the docks with topwater and popping corks. Or jigs on bottom for flat fish. Should find something. Good luck

·
Registered
575 Posts
Been there once. Just drive into Oriental on the main road and keep looking on your right hand side for a sign to the boat ramp. There is even a kayak launch in the left hand corner of the parking lot.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
excellent thanks for all the help. I am not sure which direction I will be headed. I suppose that depends on the conditions but from the map Greens creek looks intriguing. If conditions permit, I may opt to head out toward the sound.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Fished over that way on Saturday. Did well with DOA corks/shrimp and pearl paddle tails. Docks and shoreline coves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.