NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's it. From now on I'm fishing alone forever. I think that is the only way I ever catch anything.

I hooked two nice reds from a school in some very shallow water today. The first was upper slot or over. I lost him at the side of the kayak (net was at home :mad:). The next one was within 5 casts and I managed to bring him aboard. He was 27 inches... Released him alive and happy. He pulled me pretty far away from the school and I couldn't find them again. I circled around once more before leaving. As I was headed out a tarpon surfaced very close to me. It's the first I've ever seen in person and was pretty cool. Oh, I landed a 19 inch flounder while looking for the school also. Got him in but with no net and no way to control his thrashing. He slid right out before I could get a shot.

Guess what everything was caught on...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Druminator--Leaving your net at home probably had more to do with the catching rather than fishing alone. Never fails!:D Thanks for the good report.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Them tarpon are a lot prettier up close and personal. I've never seen a picture that did them justice. I have an idea for you ....in my opinion handier than a net. This one needs a couple of mods. Tygon tubing and the barb filed completly off.... oh and a new wrist rope. I've got a piece of nylon rod stuck back to make another when I run across a good hook.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm pretty sure I'll be going back there this Sunday if anyone wants to come. I'll be spending more time where I found those drum and will probably go even further down.

Where did you go after you put in Skooteri? The hot spot I found for reds was out in the sound side to the south. There is a beach lined with rocks that has a very unusual bottom to it. You can see what I mean on the satellite photos, it's very wavy.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Where did you go after you put in Skooteri? The hot spot I found for reds was out in the sound side to the south. There is a beach lined with rocks that has a very unusual bottom to it. You can see what I mean on the satellite photos, it's very wavy.
I hit the jetty both inside and out and then worked East (North) to Whitaker creek and back. Caught 2 of the flounder on the inside and one at Whitaker Creek.

Sunday is definitely a not possible for me- kids are getting baptized.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.