NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shallow water fishing in the sound and lower Neuse has been very good. Catching plenty of nice puppy drum and flounder. Starting to see a few specks every day. Tarpon have ben scattered but still being caught and the big drum are starting to show but are still a little slow. Look for a big push as we get closer to the full moon.
Capt Gary

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Capt. Gary wasn't there a tarpon tournament up there? About 2 weeks ago +/-? I tried to find out what the results were but couldn't find out anything. Do you know anything about it? I was thinking there was one in Oriental but maybe it is in Washington.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a tarpon tournament in Oriental July 30/31. Gene Wooster won with 3 or 4 tarpon and 2 other anglers had 2 each...I'm not psitive on the total number of fish caught. You were either in them or not. I was not. Not a bunch of fish showing. I had one bit, but no go on the fish.
Gary

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Tarpon fishing is like that. anybody that likes to fish and deer hunt has gotta like tarpon fishing. It is a hunting game that includes some exciting fishing and a lotta challenge. First you have to find them, then you have to get them to bite. After that you are still about a 7 to 1 underdog. For a feeling of accomplishment there's not much out there to compare. AL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.