NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pitstop marine in Angier.

Last time I talked to them they insisted I bring the whole boat which I would rather not do as the boat is apart being repaired. Be nice if I could have the motor repaired separately so it will be ready when the boat is ready. Otherwise if they are the only choice then that's what I'll do.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Last time I talked to them they insisted I bring the whole boat which I would rather not do as the boat is apart being repaired. Be nice if I could have the motor repaired separately so it will be ready when the boat is ready. Otherwise if they are the only choice then that's what I'll do.
LOL Worm this is Skymaster! Try Wootens Marine in Rocky mount 252 442 8041 Danny Butler is service manager, nice folks. :D:D

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
LOL Worm this is Skymaster! Try Wootens Marine in Rocky mount 252 442 8041 Danny Butler is service manager, nice folks. :D:D
That is where I bought my boat, they were quick to lose my business on the service side, never spending another red cent there. My boat was shipped with the wrong trolling motor, took them 3 months to get the right one, nothing special, just a Minn Kota Maxxum 101. I had water pressure issues when my boat was new, though I had told them I moved the jackplate all over the no effect on the problem, the insisted that is what it was and that is all they did to it, pretty sure they never even took the cover off the motor to look under the cowling. A few months later I ran up on a shoal and got some sand in my poppit valve, which caused loss of water pressure, pretty common problem, it took two trips there, a new impeller which I probably didnt even need. Again they insisted my motor was mounted too high even though it was adjusted to where a friend of mine from TN who was a Skeeter dealer said to run it and I still had adequate water pressure. Yamaha sent me a survey and I filled it out honestly telling of my problems. A month or two later I had a gauge go bad and carried it to Wootens as it was a warranty thing. Mr. Wooten himself came out and fussed at me for giving him bad ratings on the survey and told me "I see ya got your motor jacked up again... dont come crying to me when it blows". Very professional. In every case that I had service issues I talked to Robbie himself and he had the opportunity to make things right but never did and then to fuss at me, apparently he didnt appreciate me spending $50K on a new boat from his dealership.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
What do you need done to it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What do you need done to it?
Doesn't start. It ran fine for a year then one day on the lake, about 10' from the dock it quit and hasn't run since. I dug into it and fixed a number of issues but still won't start. I'm not certain. I have spark and I have fuel up to the carb but no fuel in the carb. My track record repairing carburetors isn't very good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.