NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of about 7 guys are meeting at Fort Fisher around 9:00 this Saturday to do some fishing. It may be a little chilly but the drum have been biting regardless. If anyone wants to come out and join us meet us there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
OK, fella's ... what's the verdict on the catch Saturday? I just read an interesting article in NC Sportsman about a guy who catches reds in and around The Basin in March. Let me know how y'all did.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some pics and stuff that I'll put up here tomorrow sometime. As for the nitty gritty, eight guys showed up to paddle (my dad made nine people but he was in a jon boat), and only one caught a red. It was fun though, the weather turned out to be pretty nice.

Next plans are to do something in or around the Raleigh area. I'll keep everyone updated.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Keep us posted, I'd like to take the boy out in the canoe sometime (not much on the Yaks!) We're in Clayton and could easily make it to some of the local spots around Raleigh. Even thought about doing a day trip on the Neuse from Clayton to Smithfield. That would be Castleberry/Hwy 42 to The Brown Jug for those that are familar with the area. I don't think there's much to fish for other than cats, but it's a nice & easy float.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I did a quick google earth calculation and figure the Clayton to Smithfield Neuse trip is only about 14.5 miles on the river. If anyone is interested, I think I'm gonna take the trip with my son before skeeters get bad. In the next 2-4 weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.