NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so , i want to get my canoe ready for the yakfish series this year , my question is this : can i paint the canoe with spraypaint ? if i can should i clearcoat it after i paint it ?

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
sure you can paint it with a spray can....aluminum or plastic or wood canoe...??

I have an aluminum and just spray piant it camo...flat back, dark green, maybe some primer grey and red...I don't worry about being pretty just functional...:)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
sand it with 220 use a quality paint like rustoleum if you want a decent look. Priming first never hurts. Light colors like white hide imperfections... lower gloss does also...

Reactions: DANNYBOY

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
plastic(polyethelene) canoe or kayak...no.....paint will not stick..will start coming off soon....krylon fusion paint may wk on new plastic canoes but dont know......fibergalss is easier to paint.....aluminum prime with zinzer 123 then paint.....

Reactions: DANNYBOY

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a fiberglass canoe , thanks for the replies guys . i already started sanding it . i think i'm going with primer next , then after that , a black canoe with a fighter jet front shark theme sounds just about right for me .

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah ghost , i liked it that plain camo color too , but i wanted to get a new boat for the 2010 season and my wife wouldn't let me , however she said i could trick my canoe out any way i wanted and maybe next year i can get a yak . i've already sanded and primered it , next comes the black ! i got a new fishfinder coming and i'm in the process of making a dash mount for the canoe .

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
just remeber a snazy paint job ain't gonna make those fish jump in the boat out there at beaver dam and you might want to put some mile's on it after the paint is done to get the smell off it just some food for thought fish smell things and krylon dust will be all over it looking forward to the 27th

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks froggy , i thought about the smell factor , i will def take it out for a couple of runs before the tourny . so , here's a look at my homemade canoe dashmount i made this week . it will hold my fishfinder , my transducer sidemount , my clete for the anchor .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.