NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy and I fished the Pamlico around Bath and couple of weekends ago and caught a ton of flounder. I'm planning on going again this weekend. But my friends boat broke down so now I'll be taking my canoe that has a trolling motor on it. We caught all of our fish around Bath Creek. We but his boat in off the side of the road it was called like Hawkins Beach Bridge Road I think. It would be too far of a way to go with just a trolling motor. Are there any boat launches or somewhere I could put a canoe in on Bath Creek or somewhere close? Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My buddy and I fished the Pamlico around Bath and couple of weekends ago and caught a ton of flounder. I'm planning on going again this weekend. But my friends boat broke down so now I'll be taking my canoe that has a trolling motor on it. We caught all of our fish around Bath Creek. We but his boat in off the side of the road it was called like Hawkins Beach Bridge Road I think. It would be too far of a way to go with just a trolling motor. Are there any boat launches or somewhere I could put a canoe in on Bath Creek or somewhere close? Any info would be appreciated
would love to hear more bout the TON of flounder . thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We were fishing random groups of docks up and down the Pamlico on the Bath Creek side. I was throwing a new penny gulp shrimp on a lead DOA jig head. My buddy kept trying different lures but wasnt catching anything until he starting throwing the gulps so they must of been picky. They also kept getting off the hook. I must of had 40 plus hookups. But I caught 20 something and i'm pretty sure he did too. I lost count cuz the keepers were few and far between but it was still fun to catch stuff. I havent caught that many fish in NC since I moved up here. Thanks everyone for your help. I can't wait to get out there again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.