NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Squat

Fished topwater at first light in a spot at a creek mouth that yielded fish 3 weeks ago. Nothing on topwater, paddle tails or popping cork.

Moved out in the river to try and find something, same results.

I saw no predator fish activity, nothing but jumping mullet.

Regardless it sure beat folding towels or working, pretty overcast morning with surprisingly little wind. I thought fishing in front of a storm might be productive. Water was high but relatively clear'ish, always stained where I fish.

Here's to next time....

·
Registered
336 Posts
This front was warm not cold. The barometer hasn't dropped below 29.9 in sneads ferry. It was 29.5 and dropping hard the last time I got into the fish really well. I mainly mean trout as the drum have remained pretty steady. No crazy action but no getting skunked either

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I knew I shouldn't listen to those weather dramatologists!! Woke up this a.m. to sunny skies and, sure, a little breeze, but nothing that should have kept me off the water. Stupid weather guys.

On a positive note, I'm going to be an AWESOME husband by staying home with my wife today. Gotta sign off the forum now (she's reading this). :)

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I saw a shirt intended for military folks that I think fits with weather predictors as well. It went something like this:

"Dear Politicians (Weatherman in this case),
If I were as bad at my job as you are at yours, I'd be dead right now!"

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.