NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Visiting Bath NC this summer and looking for advice. Can anyone help me with advice on what is biting through the rest of the summer, what they are likely to hit and most importantly where to go and what to look for - I don't know the waters? I have a 19 foot boat so I can access most of the Pamlico from Washington and into the Sound. Also have a GPS/Fish Finder - any advice on locations or what to look for on the shoreline or bottom would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I can't help you too much on this, but, unless you are planning on running well upriver, you'll be fishing for saltwater fish. They are all there during the summer months. You should be able to catch some of the following: red drum, black drum, spotted sea trout (Specks), flounder, sheepshead, spots & croaker. Tarpon and cobia are also possibilities that you might like to check out. If you are interested in the saltwater varieties you might want to post in the inshore and sound forum. You probably need to focus on studying the rythms of the sound and the lives of the fish and critters in it before you waste a lot of time and gas checking out leads from people who are not going to give up their best locations. What makes a good spot now might be terrible in an hour. If you will take the time to type the names of the species I listed above into a search engine and research each species then research forage fish such as silver mullet, striped mullet, bay anchovy, killifish (mummichog), pinfish, pigfish, you will have your neighbors asking you where to fish. ;)
AL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.