NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what 2 days of 20-40mph winds can do to the pamlico river in Washington NC... These are from the Haven's Garden park and the city boat ramp. My wife has more of the riverfront downtown I'll post when she downloads. You could walk across the whole river in most of the area and not get your belt wet and barely your feet if it werent for the mud. I saw so many old crabpots, nets,tires, metal pipes,old wooden hulls, appliances,picnic tables,sandbars,rockpiles and pier pilings I'll never speed up and down that river again ANYWHERE but right in the defined channel... Which was too shallow for anything but a jonboat !!
Mother Nature is an awesome force!
Wind layed last night and today water is almost back to normal. I wonder how long the fishing will be screwed up?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Technically I guess it was a west-northwesterly wind from the backside of a Noreaster. Around here the wind direction can cause an equally amazing flood as well... Shallow tidal rivers are easily effected by winds. This far upriver there is only an average depth off about 9 ft anyway.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Wow...awesome pics. Just reminds us that mother nature can be great but she can be hurtful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.