NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fishing that this weekend? Just wondering figured, it would be good to meet some folks. Also if anyone wants to fish I did have one guy back out so I am looking another partner. Hope to see y'all out there either way, good event for a good cause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I had planned to but a new job has killed all of my weekends for the next few months.. Good luck ya'll!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
My brother and I will be there. He has'nt fished with me but like once in the last 4-5 years. He joined me in the Backwater Open and we finished in 2nd for the tournament. All of sudden he's hooked on fishing again..LOL Wish the PCSC had kept it just a Speckled Trout tournament but we'll try and find a Flounder somewhere. Redfish shouldn't be to hard to find but finding a upper slot fish could be difficult. Good luck to all who are competing and we'll see y'all at the meeting Friday night.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
My brother and I will be there. He has'nt fished with me but like once in the last 4-5 years. He joined me in the Backwater Open and we finished in 2nd for the tournament. All of sudden he's hooked on fishing again..LOL Wish the PCSC had kept it just a Speckled Trout tournament but we'll try and find a Flounder somewhere. Redfish shouldn't be to hard to find but finding a upper slot fish could be difficult. Good luck to all who are competing and we'll see y'all at the meeting Friday night.
I guess I should stay home.... Lol see y'all out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now that Joe is in you probably should lol.

Good luck fellas and look forward to seeing you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Live bait fishing changes things up a bit. It's anybody's game when you can sling a mullet, shrimp or mud minnow out there. I'm not a fan of live bait fishing but it gets the job done. I'm not knocking anyone who fishes with live bait it's just not my thing. I did see a technigue used one time that used finger mullet on a kite rig over a grass flat for Speckled Trout. Now that looked like it could be fun. Watching 5lb to 6lb specks crash a bait on top water has a tendency to get one's blood pumping. If it don't then you're probably not cut out for fishing....LOL I'm a Speckled trout fisherman and I get lucky and catch a few Redfish along the way. I have no idea about catching Flounder. That was obvious in the Backwater Open cause we didn't have one .LOL

·
Registered
595 Posts
I only fish with hand carved plugs made by Earnest Hemingway. And I do it blindfolded, but do cheat because my black lab is by my side and he nudges my leg in the direction to cast. If I smell any live bait, dead bait, store bought tackle and such - we are outta there. :rolleyes:

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
doesn't matter what you use if you don't find the fish...

Reactions: fulchermb

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good day at the tournament, found some nice specks, however that was all... couldnt complete the slam, as an of size red was not to be found (where we were anyway) and no flounder at all (again where we were looking) over still fun and a great time, really had a blast and ended up catching close to 12 or so kept 6 fish with 3 being over 3 pounds... Great tournament and good turn out, I think next year its trout only though....

Food Seafood Fish Marine biology Fin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well shoot, I didnt know that was either one of yall there... I would have spoke... Sure didnt know it was trigger on the win.... gotta look closer at profile pics i guess... Glad yall came out and had fun, Im trying to get my club (pitt county shrine club) to put one on in another part of the year with Daves help...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.