NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[FONT=Verdana, Arial] We have been fishing Hatteras 2-3 times a year since 1975.We have always concentrated our fishing efforts from surf or pier.In all those years we have only fished the sound side once,a chartered croaker trip in mid-October.We are going down yhe week of April 8th-15th this spring.We'll be staying in Rodanthe.I'll be taking my new fishin' yak with me and I was wondering if there is any thing biting in the sound this time of year?(need to get some surf experience before attempting ocean side). If so, could anyone help out with some tips,hot spots, baits,lures,etc. often used?I don't mind traveling to find the fish.
Thanks, Ray :cool:
[/FONT]

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Welcome aboard!

All my fishing experience in that part of the world has been in Sept and Oct. This past year we found a nice little channel where there's a fish-buyin' place, a couple of blocks behind one of the gas stations (Texaco, I think) in Avon. We fished from the empty lot beside the channel, I caught a couple of red drum (redfish) 14" and 18".

I don't have a kayak yet, so I've never explored from that side of things. There's a lot of sound-side real estate, though. Lots of windsurfers there in Sept and Oct...

All I've ever used for bait on the OBX has been formerly-live shrimp, can't say much for anything else. I'm too much of a novice to count for much.

Let us know what you wind up finding!
Lefty
(have we met somewhere before? ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have We ???

Lefty,
We may have met. Like I said, we;ve been fishin' Hatteras since 1975, I was 13. Haven't missed a year since.I'm sure our paths may have crossed.We usually go 2-3 times a year.I think I may get down there a few more times than that this year.I'll be bringing an extra yak in April,you or anyone else are welcome to it.
Ray

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.