NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my trip 3 weeks ago with my dad, I got the opportunity to go again with my best friend Neal Smith. We were on the water at 5:30 trying not to hit the crab pots on our way out! The first spot produced two keepers within the first 15 minutes, It seemed as if the wind was our friend as we stayed on the windy side of the marsh for the two hours and collected two more keepers. Four keepers before 8:00, not bad. Then reality set in as we sorted through 30 more fish for our last keeper, Final tally for the day, 41 flounder with 5 keepers.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
We saw them. They were around the point from us. Like Ricky said, we we on the water at 5:30 and had to dodge the crab pots. Had to get going quick due to all the skeeters eating us up. Big ones came early and on the choppy side of the marsh. Wonder how it would be if we got there earlier. We talked with a guy at the ramp and he said it was the worst season they have seen in a long time. If that's the case me and Ricky want to see it when it gets good. I must say Ricky is a fishing machine. And me I'll catch one every now and then, but I drive a heck of a trolling motor and a heck of a net man. Wouldn't have it any other way. Its not how many fish we catch or bring home, but the time on the water with my best friend. Maybe we'll see you on the water Mr. Pelt and I can get you to sign my hat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.