NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for suggestions on a pretty good hotel at or under $100/night for 3 people, near a decent ramp, on the sound to make a weekend trip to later on this year, probably late Aug/early September.

I live a little north of Raliegh, and am trying to keep the drive to 3 hours or less.

Not sure which boat I should take, if area gets heavy chop I'd take the Arima, if it is calmer water I'd take the Triumph.

Just in the sounds or tidal rivers this year, maybe next year I'll give nearshore a shot or book an offshore charter.

What type of fishing should I expect, what depths would I be running in?

Any suggestions would be a big help.

Seeking striper, bluefish, sea trout, croaker, flounder, or whatever else the area offers that puts up a decent fight and makes a good fish fry.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not really, I've only fished Kerr and Falls from a boat up here, looking for something comparable to the Tidal Potomac for fish and style of fishing. Trying to keep the drive as short as possible while still getting to decent fishing.

Of course, if Mom decides to come along, some other activities besides fishing would be nice to have locally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.