NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
"Like I was saying, shrimp is the fruit of the sea....You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it....There's shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger and a shrimp sandwich."

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
What a great day on the water! Great photos too. Thanks for sharing them. Catching a cooler full of shrimp for the freezer is on my list of things to experience before I die. ;) Any tips from anyone on when and where to throw a cast net for them would be most appreciated. You can share via Private Message if you like. :D

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
"Like I was saying, shrimp is the fruit of the sea....You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it....There's shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger and a shrimp sandwich."

GO GIT UM BUBBA!!!!!!!

**Nice catch Spex!!!!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Any tips from anyone on when and where to throw a cast net for them would be most appreciated. You can share via Private Message if you like. :D
No secrets there, you can see the shrimp popping in the water when they get thick this time of year. Just find you a nice creek near the waterway (like where you and I launched in Hampstead) and go there just before low tide. Look near the marshy grass areas - you will see them pop at the surface as you get close. Best to use an old net as you will be casting into mud, muck and rock. An hour or so on either side of the low tide is the best time - with more water they get up in the marsh grass and you can't net them as easily.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These came from a creek on the Pamlico Sound where most of the water is 3' to 4' deep. These are greentail shrimp and when you get close to them with your motor running they will jump clear out of the water. If you just see a couple darting or jumping, usually they are there thick. It took us about 15 cast to net 300. Actually the last cast we threw back about 2 dozen since we had our limit.:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.