NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife and daughter went out of town, so my son and I took the opportunity for some more exploration of the pamlico region with our canoe. We camped at Goose Creek State Park on Sat night. Weather was spectacular, fishing was not red hot, but still fun. Here's the report...

Sat morning at Wrights Creek. New water for us. Launched around 10:30am. Caught a good flounder near a dock with a 4" white paddle tail. While releasing the flounder a speck hit a 3" redbone paddletail on a light (1/8oz?) megabass jig head that was just suspending pretty high in the column. Wrights is big water for the canoe, and the wind was picking up. As we left around 12:30, my son caught a redfish near the boat launch on the 4" white paddle tail. Pretty neat inshore slam.

Sat evening at Goose Creek, near the state park launch. No fish landed... son had a LMB on but threw the hook.

Sun morning at Goose Creek. Took the canoe way up Goose creek. Caught a nice flounder on a 4" white paddletail near a creek mouth. We saw bass fisherman catching fish. Switched to spinnerbaits, and my son caught a few bass.

Sun afternoon at Tranters Creek. This was our first time on Tranters Creek. We motored up to a section that has two bends, near Tranter's Creek Resort. There is a section where the gar were surfacing like crazy, was fun to watch. We caught several kinds of panfish on earthworms. Tried spinnerbaits for bass, but no luck.

Water Vertebrate Fisherman Outdoor recreation Fish

Water Sky Cloud Fish Lake

·
Registered
229 Posts
Wife and daughter went out of town, so my son and I took the opportunity for some more exploration of the pamlico region with our canoe. We camped at Goose Creek State Park on Sat night. Weather was spectacular, fishing was not red hot, but still fun. Here's the report...

Sat morning at Wrights Creek. New water for us. Launched around 10:30am. Caught a good flounder near a dock with a 4" white paddle tail. While releasing the flounder a speck hit a 3" redbone paddletail on a light (1/8oz?) megabass jig head that was just suspending pretty high in the column. Wrights is big water for the canoe, and the wind was picking up. As we left around 12:30, my son caught a redfish near the boat launch on the 4" white paddle tail. Pretty neat inshore slam.

Sat evening at Goose Creek, near the state park launch. No fish landed... son had a LMB on but threw the hook.

Sun morning at Goose Creek. Took the canoe way up Goose creek. Caught a nice flounder on a 4" white paddletail near a creek mouth. We saw bass fisherman catching fish. Switched to spinnerbaits, and my son caught a few bass.

Sun afternoon at Tranters Creek. This was our first time on Tranters Creek. We motored up to a section that has two bends, near Tranter's Creek Resort. There is a section where the gar were surfacing like crazy, was fun to watch. We caught several kinds of panfish on earthworms. Tried spinnerbaits for bass, but no luck.

View attachment 219027

View attachment 219028
Always good thing that your son got to catch some fish. Sounds like great times out there. I’m planning on going around Germantown in next couple days if the rain is not to bad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts