NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading home to Winston tomorrow, and I've been thinking about taking the boat to belews lake to put some fish on the table for my folks....

Has anyone been panfishing at belews lake in kernersvile? I'll be fishing with a light pole and 1/64oz jigs with crawdads, and live worms.. I have a HB 597 that hasn't been used in 2yrs, so hopefully it'll cooperate with me while I'm out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've caught some big crappie at Belews long lining minnows. caught some large white perch trollin Rapalas on leadcore 25ft deep. got into some really big 'Gills chasin small minnows on top an caught bout 30 of'em on a 1/8oz Roostertail. so there are some nice sized panfish there but ya have to work for'em or get lucky.

·
Red X Angler
3,800 Posts
Popular lake for crappie, never fished for them myself but there are plenty of folks who do there. If you're going on a weekend, keep in mind it's a warm lake so the boat traffic gets pretty intense earlier in the season than many other lakes. Be prepared for jet skis and wake boats.

Lots of white perch in there as well, I've caught them on top while bass fishing with Zara Puppies, and on lipless cranks or especially a small Alabama rig like a Flash Mob Jr. I wasn't targeting them, it was the other way around.

Don't know about the bream fishing, I know they are in there but I see a lot of small ones in the shallows; I assume there are big ones somewhere but never fished for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.