NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do yall get you paper topo maps for your favorite lakes?

I want a paper map to lay out over a table, not navonics or simular. It's hard to get the "big picture" scrolling around on on a map on a phone or laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
The ones that you can find are usually the larger lakes like High Rock-Tuckertown-Badin, Falls, Norman, Kerr, and Jordan. You can find these for sale at most any of the local sporting goods stores and even Walmart. As for the smaller lakes I've never heard of much out there available.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You can get a topo map probably from the GS mapping office in that county. Find out the elevation of the lake and pencil the lake in. That is one way.

Some of the smaller lakes lake Shearon Harris, the power company offered a map.
If it's a Corps of Engineers lake, they'll have maps. Some maps can be ordered online from various companies like ADC as well as others.
You can get a map of any lake, just different routes to go to get a map.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Kingfisher maps are probably the most common but that doesn't mean they are the best. My favorites are made by Atlantic Mapping. If you go to either of these companies websites, you can find the lakes they make maps of.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Kingfisher maps are in much too small a scale for my liking. My map of choice is GMCO, Fishing Hotspots maps are also pretty good. I dont look at alot of paper maps anymore with mapping on my GPS units and computer software.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts