1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Hey... ease up guys. I've got 4 of those and they haven't given me a problem at all since I re engineered the hook holder on the float so I could bait up with dragonflies and the like in mid flight. Don't knock'em guys .....not everybody can operate something as complicated as a spincast reel. It sure saves me a lot of tackle that would go to waste way up there in them trees behind me. Now if I can just get the bite detector to turn the electric motor on in time to hook them and play them, I'll have the ultimate fishing system....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
My wife got mad at me when I started swearing at that commercial. I couldn't believe that roland martin indorsed this thing. And it's all over the kids networks. Of course they are going to want it. Check the spelling folks. I teach Math not english. Ha Ha

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Heh heh -- my boy saw them at Walmart tonight -- the good part is that I started him on a spinning reel, so he's used to putting the rod in his right hand and winding with his left. He started to look at the rocket launcher but concluded that the handle was on the wrong side.

The bad part is, his buddy this weekend was using a spincaster, so now he wants one of those instead of another spinner. It's hard to find the kids' models with the reversible handles -- and unfortunately, he wants one in blue. <shrug> whacha gonna do?

This reminds me -- the reason we're shopping for him is 'cuz of his significant milestone this weekend -- he wore out the ferrule in his first rod. Went to cast and WHEE, there went the top half of his rod! Great job kiddo!!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Heh heh -- Went to cast and WHEE, there went the top half of his rod! Great job kiddo!!
Better replace that kids rod and reel right away---Got my first outfit when I was 8 yrs old--one of those old steel jobs with a JC Higgins level wind bait caster. Used old nuts, bolts and spark plugs for sinkers --made a mighty cast in the Haw River --hook got caught in the tip-- whole outfit went into deepest part of river--lost forever. Parents wouldn't let me buy a new one -- had to use my earned money to buy school clothes. Been afraid I would be without a fishing outfit ever since-- you have seen what it's done to me.:eek: :confused: :confused:

Reactions: lefty

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Better replace that kids rod and reel right away---Got my first outfit when I was 8 yrs old--one of those old steel jobs with a JC Higgins level wind bait caster. Used old nuts, bolts and spark plugs for sinkers --made a mighty cast in the Haw River --hook got caught in the tip-- whole outfit went into deepest part of river--lost forever. Parents wouldn't let me buy a new one -- had to use my earned money to buy school clothes. Been afraid I would be without a fishing outfit ever since-- you have seen what it's done to me.:eek: :confused: :confused:
I'll be sure to tell my wife! Unfortunately, the search engine on BassPro.com does not let me search for blue spincast combos. Maybe I need to teach him to make his own rods.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.