NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'd love to do a deep sea trip myself. I use Continental Shelf out of Morehead.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ive looked aroud a lot at this and they charge about 80 dollars to fish 8 hrs, not bad concering the pride of fuel these guys go through. Thanks to TA, & Sundrop I found a few head boats, but the weather isnt going to be the best this weekend..........Ed

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Party Boats ( Headboats they are also called ) usually supply all bait, tackle, catch storage ( until you unload then you need your cooler) as party of the price. They also have electric reels available at added cost if you need help with deep depth reeling. You just carry snacks etc. and many even sell that on the boat ( at inflated prices, but less to keep up with for you!!) Squid is usually the bait. I like to carry frozen cigar minnows or finger mullet myself.
Mates will even bait your hook and remove your fish if needed so take the kids, wives, etc along!!!!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
All you have to do is show up and climb on the boat, the hardest decesion you have is to figure where you going to fish from.:cool:

Everything is provided except for your eats and drinks. Take a small cooler with water or drinks and some sandwiches for you and fried chicken for me;).

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
And get there early! spots are usually first come first served and I ALWAYS try for the stern (rear) on a corner.. usualy Starboard... I just like it better on that side...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.