NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,427 Posts
They sink a little faster and due to them being softer the fish hit them harder than 17's. Not as important this time of year because they crush a 17 right now. They also wobble a little better on the fall. The negative of them is that after a few good redfish or large trout they'll actually get bent out of shape. I wouldn't use one instead of a 17 though as I feel both have their place in the tackle box.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thought about getting one and i'm sure it will be the HOT bait for a while. But its kinda expensive for 1 soft bait that (although more durable than most) will probably get tore up. Lol straight from the guy who started the thread about the soft dine.

·
Registered
484 Posts
They sink a little faster and due to them being softer the fish hit them harder than 17's. Not as important this time of year because they crush a 17 right now. They also wobble a little better on the fall. The negative of them is that after a few good redfish or large trout they'll actually get bent out of shape. I wouldn't use one instead of a 17 though as I feel both have their place in the tackle box.
The Paul Brown baits were originally developed for those gator trout in Texas and tend to not hold up well to getting crushed/bent by reds, they also don't hold up to bluefish(not a problem in Texas) lizard fish and puffers so being a cheapo I refuse to use them until the water cools down a good bit. If you need to repair one the following has some tips on how to.http://www.texassaltwaterfishingmagazine.com/fishing/fat-bottom-corkys/subpage945.html

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.