NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to a local honey hole late this morning around 11am or so for a couple hours to wet a line with anortnc7. Other plans fell through so there was no early morning fishing or topwater action for me. I knew it was going to be hot so I decided to try a new rig that I have not used before, a Carolina rig. I have seen many posts on here with many big fish being caught especially now since summer has hit with the fish going deep. I didn't get a chance to try out the ultravibe speed craw because 2nd cast I landed my PB for the year off a Zoom U tail worm!! She hit like a freight train, fought hard, and pulled drag. Anort was down at the lower pond in the woods so I was trying to land the fish and yell for him at the same time which made for a very funny moment. Got her ashore and she weighed 6lb 1oz and 21.5''. Only fished for about an hour more, Anort caught 6 to my 1. Definitely glad I went out today and glad I read most of your posts about a c-rig so thank you guys who fish and catch with it! Now time to get back out and break this years best :D Hope you all are catching too!

Biggun

Thanks for Reading!
Tight Lines:)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Great job guys yesterday was a hot day I lost same number I landed but the ones I lost were the bigger ones

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BennyB- Not really sure, if I were to guess it would be 6-8ft.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Good job on the pb! Now, go get a new pb! Then another, and another......
And don't forget the uv speedcraw.. You'll be glad you threw it.
Jerry how do you hook up the UV speed craw. I see you love this lure never tried it. Should I c rig it or t rig do you hook it tail end first or head end. I need to pick up some of these for my summer fishing

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice fish and good job on your PB! I went yesterday and the CR UV speed craw got me this 6 lber. I also lost what looked like at least an 8 or 9 lber. The bite was really subtle - thought I was snagged - then I lifted up and she pulled back down. I thought to myself, I better set the hook but I was using braid, her hard jerked down must have set it. She came speeding right at the kayak and broke through the water showed her head - huge! Then went back down and out came the bait.

Spidey, I've been C-rigging mine because i'm covering open water on the bottom with structure. You hook the speedcraw through the tail section first then rotate & insert through the head. I like skin hooking back into the bait to make it weedless. I use a 4/0 Gamagatsu EWG hook, I'm sure a 3/0 is fine too but 5/0 might be a little too big unless you use the super speed craw. Good luck!

IMG_1264.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts