NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to preface this by saying that other than a handful of times, I haven't been fishing in over 15 years up until a couple months ago. I used to fish with my grandpa and catch sunfish and small bass.

Even after I moved from Chicago burbs to Raleigh last year, I didn't do any fishing until I realized there were some solid fish in Lake Lynn.

With that said, this is a big fish in my book, even though this is only a decent fish for most of you, haha.

Took the kayak out about 6am, because I couldn't drag myself out of bed at 5 like I wanted. Caught a couple decent little 2ish lb largemouth, one of which bent up the buzzbait wire. Spent a few casts fine tuning/straightening it out, and then boom, pulled this one in. My little mechanical scale read right at 6 lbs. Personal best by far for me.

Also, nice meeting you spidey! Good luck grabbing that canoe!

OK, OK..... Pics

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
nice job canoe was full of water and filth. may try to move it to an easier spot tomorrow or later this weekend when I can put on boots to get in there.

BTW headed back to my favorite spot and landed a nice 4# on a buzz as well. I shouldn't have wasted time on the walk to and from canoe and just fished.

Oh well still was nice to meet ya and I am sure I will see ya out there more. Usually sat AM is my early time since I work out on MWF and golf on T and Th. Its tough being retired!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I lived on lake lynn for 2 years and fished it all the time then. To date, it is my go to place for lots of bass action and there is always a good chance to hook a 5# all the way to 10#er out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts