NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods, wasn't really sure to share my experience so please move this to the appropriate section.

Just came back peacock bass fishing in Miami with Capt. Rick Barnhart and we had a great time. Totaled 24 Peacocks and 3 cichlids. I am thinking Tilapia Buttikoferi and Tilapia Mariea.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Looks like one heck of a good time! Its amazing the fishing opportunities we have here on the east coast. Looks like something you'd expect to have to go to brazil for. Trip of a lifetime im sure.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like one heck of a good time! Its amazing the fishing opportunities we have here on the east coast. Looks like something you'd expect to have to go to brazil for. Trip of a lifetime im sure.
It was definitely worth every bit of it. As an aquarium hobbyist, it was incredible to see how many cichlids there were in these canals. Out of the whole day, I saw maybe one largemouth bass. Everything else was cichlids from either Central, or South America. Even the 3# tilapia in the pictures originates from West Africa. I guess its a bad thing for our ecosystem down there but it was still amazing to see them in the states. Iguanas lined the banks asking in the sun, that was cool too!

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Beautiful fish Thanks for sharing.
I was down there last summer and caught a Peacock and something that looked like a big Oscar out of a drainage pond it is an amazing place.

Darrell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.