NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a penn battle 3000 that I ordered off of ebay. What is a good extremely light weight spinning rod that I can use to compliment this reel? I do not wish to mix brands ie buy an abu garcia rod. Any good suggestions guys? I need the rod to be feather weight light and preferably penn brand. It needs to be light but still able to jig for drum without breaking on me.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
sorry charlie, penn doesn't specialize in feather weight rods. just doesn't happen. closest thing would be the penn legion and even it is a bit heavy. If you want light weight and performance but don't want to mix with another brand that makes reels, I would recommend a ST. Croix triumph 7' medium fast action. Weighs a whopping 4.2 ounces and is incredibly sensitive for a modest price of $79.99

·
Registered
395 Posts
Big fan of the Shimano Terramars. Have two of 3000 Battles on them: a 6'6" and a 7'0. My two favorite set ups and have pounded some reds with them! Plus they're awesome to look at! Great color!

Reactions: 2840-FISH

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have my battle on a shimano sellus drop shot rod.. 49.99. The only complaint i would have would be the reel seat, but it casts wonderfully and is extremely sensitive with braid.

Reactions: Fish_Fiend

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
x2 on the teramars/battle combos..i too own a few combos, also have an older 7ft graphite shim compre that i LOVE to use with a 2500/3000 size reel... yeah, penn just doesnt have good lighter rods IMO to match their inshore sized reels...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.