NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I know this. I saw my first one last Saturday at the Saltwater Seminar in New Bern. I held it in my hand, felt the balance, played with the liveliner switch, and have wanted one desperately ever since!!!....LOL!!!!

Reactions: Bubbajum

·
Registered
69 Posts
the only way to fish with live bait(especially live shad)....I have aknock off (Something off ebay)and a penn 5600L, go with the penn the transition is unbelievable you will not be disappointed wait till a big old striper grabs hold of the bait and it sings the beautiful song...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the song the reel sings when there is a fish on. One of my buddies even does a dance when his starts.

I have the Shimano bait-runner 4500 and the Okuma Epixer eb50 and 80 and like them. But I saw these Penn's a couple of years ago and wanted one ever since, found them on-line for 120.00 no tax and free ship, called to order but on back order till next week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well next week turned into next month. Still have not gotten the reel yet. Fount it cheaper 98.00 a local archery dealer that owes me a favor. He ordered it but......it's on back order by 2 weeks at least.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I still want one. Just havent found the right deal. I keep watching Ebay!!

Reactions: Bubbajum

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I like my Shimano live liner. I haven't tried the Slammer live liner but I had the SS version and it lasted less than a year......... Had problems with a few other "newer" Penn models too. So now the only Penn stuff I use is the Senators. I have heard they improved the quality some when they made the slammers but now that I switched to Shimanos and Quantums, I have no reason to switch back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.