NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a penn 49 that is locked up tight.. #1 is there a cure? #2 any one know a penn repair man? #3 i think they stop making this reel and i am in need of it.. the niner is a work horse and really i don't want to go up to a "senator" sized reel. i belive they make a 309 reel but it looks cheaply made..

can any one shed some light here??

zooker

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
hey Zook, these links may help. I'm assuming the Penn 49 mariner black face..

PENN REEL MAINTENANCE

Reel Maintenance

MaintenancePenn Parts incl. 49

here's a link for basic spinning maintenance (shimano as an example reel)
Basic Spinning Reel Service

and to throw in my .02 here, CRC Break Free works much better than WD in my opinion. Black and yellow 14 oz. can of Break Free in the Gun cleaning section at Wally world for about $5... great stuff and great on reels.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
These guys can help you for sure. Coastline Service 706-A N. William St. Goldsboro, NC 27530 Tel.# 919-736-3859 This place is run by 5 red headed sisters that know their stuff!;) Here is their Email add. [email protected] They are also the NC factory authorized Shimano warranty center. They give top notch service.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
dang! and I've broke 5 reels so I can meet the sisters!!!

BTW : PB BLASTER ( yellow and white can) is the greatest penetrating lube I have ever used. I have used it for years on Cars, motorcycles, outboards and farm equipment.. If PB wont free up a bolt you'll have to torch it !! AutoZone, Agri Supply is where I buy it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i sent it to my uncle who is a penn reel nut he is going to use it for parts. he is sending me his 345 now THAT is what you call trading UP..

zooker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.