NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These reels are amazing. If you surf fished all the time one these reels would be money well spent.
[video=youtube;UUOumShc-hI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUOumShc-hI[/video]

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Most any reel will if taken care of. I have reels 10 -12 years old that only get fished in the surf. You would think they are freshwater reels. I can't remember the last part I put in any one of them other than drag washers and ceramic bearings.

But they are well cared for tools.

But a cheaper option that you can throw down in the surf while you dehook a fish is an Alvey reel. If I was that hard on my equipment I'd be fishing with Alveys.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
the new van staals are extremely overpriced for what they are but the torques are awesome. read up on some of alan hawk's reviews to get a more in depth look at these high end reels

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Zenno wades or swims out to a rock in Montauk and also fishes a few crazy places in Conn. & Mass. Unless you are going to use your fishing rod as a walking/balancing stick, constantly getting knocked off rocks in water over your head or go skishing, why would you need one?

Get a Penn 706z coffee grinder for $200.00. Unless you are mechanically STUPID, tune-ups are a snap and cheap. Parts are and will be easy to get for many years to come. If you can't rip it apart completely and put back together give it to whoever programs your cable remote after the batteries die.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts