NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Now guys, who told you about my little honey hole? Here is an update. Specreck and myself fished it Wednesday by boat. The state has torn the bridge down on the Topsail Island side. The have also dug the road up. The road was manmade, so they removed it, to improve tidal flow. I believe they have ruined a great doormat and trout hole. Here is an old picture. It just don't seem the same with it being gone. My Grandparents have a lot of old stories about fishing and farming on that island.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
NO BAD DAY! We couldn't get on any drum, flounder or trout. We had a few little aggravator reds hit on popping corks. A little odd. I know the flounder are there. Me and specreck haven't had a good day together. We seem to be bad luck for each other or something! Still had fun, as it was beautiful,minus the rain showers. The boat broke down as well. 2005 Merc, so it shouldn't be anything too serious. Temp sensor, thermostat or something. It is in the shop as of this afternoon, to be worked on in the am.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Sorry top hear 'bout that motor - hope it ain't serious.

Think I'll go King fishing tomorrow. Someone dried up my drum hole last week and all the flounder I caught there this week might make a fish sandwich for a child...lol
Just a stuck thermostat! YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!:D:D:D I know a good outboard shop if you are ever in need. Fast and reasonable. Open Water Marina on Hwy172. See Bubba.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Now guys, who told you about my little honey hole? Here is an update. Specreck and myself fished it Wednesday by boat. The state has torn the bridge down on the Topsail Island side. The have also dug the road up. The road was manmade, so they removed it, to improve tidal flow. I believe they have ruined a great doormat and trout hole. Here is an old picture. It just don't seem the same with it being gone. My Grandparents have a lot of old stories about fishing and farming on that island.
Here's what is left (just the island side). Be careful around there cause there is still at least one piling underwater).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.