NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a local flow this morning bright and early. Didn't catch a ton of fish, but got a nice variety of them with a few citations (spot & striper) mixed in. All caught on topwater and cranks (except the carp). A Piedmont bass slam! Few pics below.

White bass

Spotted

Largie

Hybrid

Striper

Golden smallmouth

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
That one you have labelled as a spot, with the body shape and bronze back to it, I would have thought it a smallmouth.

Glasses Smile Sky Goggles Vision care
< Smallie at SML . Looks a lot like that to me. ;)

Nice mixed bag!

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
You might have missed where he first thought that carp- drum - buffalo he caught was the last living specimen of Robust Redhorse sucker and a world record sized one to boot.

What I wonder is if he's up a tree and big deer wanders in does he jump out the stand before shooting?

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Surfrider-Seems like all of the larger spots ive seen in this stretch all have that bronze coloring to them. Always wondered about that myself. The ones ive caught west of here dont ever seem to look like that. Although they could be crossbreeding with some of Mack's or ND's bucket stockings:)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Surfrider-Seems like all of the larger spots ive seen in this stretch all have that bronze coloring to them. Always wondered about that myself. The ones ive caught west of here dont ever seem to look like that. Although they could be crossbreeding with some of Mack's or ND's bucket stockings:)
Largemouth that I've caught in Sandy and Shocco Creeks in Franklin Cnty years ago had amber undertones much like your spot. I've always assumed this was due to the tannin stained water. Caught one in further east that was nearly red.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.