NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on at the coast?
I started looking into going pier fishing....I haven't been in several years... and I found out alot of the places I used to frequent up and down the coast are gone or going!!! Between the piers and the waterfront builds along the coast and rivers of NC where the heck is the average person suppose to go??
So, I guess with that said, I'm looking for advice on what piers( what's left!! ) to fish this time of year in NC?

It is a true shame that money has created such a destruction of so many wonderful memories we can now never share...

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Land values have gone up so much which of course increases the property taxes which is a major drag on Pier operators income. SO when a developer comes in and offers them BIG BIG bucks for thier land, you can't blame them for selling. That of course leave the public less and less places to fish.

Some communites have stepped in to purchase their piers much like they purchase parcels of land for beach access and conservation projects.

Topsail Island has three piers left, one in each of the three townships. There is one in Wrightsville Beach near Wilmington. There is one in Emerald Isle on Bougue Banks. There are others but those are the ones in my neck of the woods. All offer great fishing this time of year.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info... I play the Lotto every week..maybe I'll get lucky before they are all gone!!:)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Sundrop, If I were you I'd check into Frisco pier and Bougue Inlet Pier. They are your two closest choices and at times one will be hot when the other isn't. From Washington, Topsail Island or Nags Head aren't too far if they give you an advantage. The Outer Banks seem to get some impressive schools of fish at times. In pier and surf fishing the wind is a big factor and you are strategically placed to take advantage of it. Also I'm thinking that if you study the solunar tables and tide charts you can match those up to the local weather at different spots to really stack the odds in your favor. Al

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.