NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Looks like you've got more Bait! At least ya'll made one reel scream! I take it ya'll were using pogies. BY the way here's something for everyone reading this thread Charkbait.com on the west coast has sabiki poles cheap among other good stuff.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Go ahead and strip it out Mike, matter of fact, I'll be pickin the boat up from WS again and plan to run her in a couple weeks. Any interest on a run with us? Maybe get PD, Big Al out with us or somethin... ;)

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Salting bait? I've heard you can salt down shrimp and dry it to reuse? Is this true? Can you offer info on salting and freezing and other bait storage? Might be a good idea for a new post?
NIce catch Dweller feller !!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Not sure about shrimp Sundrop, but what you do to keep baits fresh especially for trolling, is use a brine solution, basically ice with saltwater and add some koesher salt. Keep cold (adding ice when needed) and keep salted to keep the brine enough to keep the baits fresh.

I wouldnt see why it wouldnt work on shrimp...

Mike, nope, tire kickers... Let me know what your tourny schedule is and when I get the boat back to the house, we'll set somethin up. Hopefully the "weather" will give us a "break" :) ;)

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Right now I have tourneys June 30th (next Sat), July 7th, July 28th & Aug 4th.

Wish I had entered the Jolly Mon this week-end - the 32 pounder would have been good for 5th place. But it is in a different SKA division and I don't have the time or money to fish in them all :(.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Sundrop, you can salt shrimp down for future use but it will be sorta smelly. Best left to old pros that don't want to buy Gulp!. 1 lb cleaned and diced shrimp, a pt. widemouth jar and plain salt. Pack the jar full with alternating layers of salt and shrimp and seal. Store where ever you like for 3 weeks before opening. I'll try to pull up an older post for the fishey stuff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.