NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't heard much from the pier guys on this board. Surely, there's a few around that tell us about their favorite pier. Anybody know how there doing. I'm looking to take my son down for a day on the boards.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Well make sure not to take them to Atlantic beach. The triple ess has already been torn down, the sportsmans pier is set to go in the next month or so, and I believe bogue inlet pier has sold as well. Oceanna however is still open if you would like to take your son there.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
I check the fishing report at all three piers on Topsail Island each week for my column. They are catching plenty of Sea Mullet with the bite strongest at night and the outgoing tide. The blues have started to show up this last week but mainly small ones. They also reported a few undersize flounder being caught.

Hope that helps.

Tight Lines!

·
Registered
791 Posts
completely bogus they are tearing down all the peirs to put up stupid resort housing... what the heck!!!! I know many families that journey from the interior of Carolina every year to stay in the cheap motels at the SSS (used to anyway) and fish for a week during the summer.
Family traditions are awash... such a shame!

rye

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
On the bright side New Hanover county has expressed interest in obtaining the Coast Guards 200 acre Loran station site at Snow's Cut to turn it into a park. Nothing in this situation is firm either. Everything is in the beginning stages for a transfer to happen and there are many things that could derail this but maybe they will suceed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Haven't you guys figured it out yet? It's a money game for the developers and the marinas I think there in cahoots with each other. The developer buys for a couple of million sells it off at twice the price and the Marina sells or rents out a boat. How some ever I believe that this will backfire on them this time as people will not be able to come to the beach with the price of go juice and the boat won't move much either un less it's a blow boat or a manually propelled craft.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Luremaker--- Beaches with no piers and limited public access to the water, except for the privileged few, I've never figured out who wants to go to the beach to look at a high rise condo.

Later, Forrest

·
Registered
205 Posts
has it occured to anyone that maybe we have come full circle on private ownership of our natural resources? a privelaged few controlling everybody else. If I remember , that is one of the reasons several people left England 400 years ago. I have discovered that city councils will jump through hoops and change any law or zoning ordinance as long as it increases their tax base. The last time we stayed in Kill Devil hills, we were talking to a couple of locals and they made it clear to me that the home and condo owners have alot of say in what goes on and how tax money is spent. Even though some rarely stay more than a few weeks out of the year. this has been wide spread out here for years. we used to have ordinances saying you had to be below ridgeline and only so many houses on a given amount of property, but when millions of dollars are offered and taxes will be collected on the high end developments, county commisioners get greedy, and will let them pack houses in like sardines. sounds a little hypocritical coming from someone who builds for a living, but there is a fine line between tasteful and trashy. sorry for the rant, guys but that just hit a sore spot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.