NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every Oct. I go with a group of about 20+ guys for a long weekend of fishing on Jolly Roger. Plus we do other pier fishing trips through the year, but not the whole group of 20+. Anywoo I have always wanted to make a "yard wagon fishing cart", but never did. Since there are so many of us there is always enough guys to carry stuff. This year my twin boys are finally old enough to go. So I decided this was the year to get my cart. I went to Tractor Supply yesterday where I had been seeing them and they where sold out of the one I had picked out. But the next size up was on sale for the same price so I got it, but now I'm wondering if I went too big. The cart is 30 wide X 48 3/4 long. Did I go too big? Am I going to be able to get this thing in my hotel room at night? Expert opinions appreciated.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
most doorways are 31-34" you should be fine, and if you get tired you can ride and let them pull it! :p

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Keep it in the vehicle or locked on a receiver hitch. People can be funny about what is carried in rooms understandably.

At some point I would probably mount the axle to a pieces of aluminum angle, mount the angle to the cart frame with 1/4x20 stainless bolts and and plastic turn knobs which can be gotten at Lowes.

Something like this although mine has a 9" lift kit in play.

The lift , tires, and axle come off as a complete unit.

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
If I stay at the coast my gear stays in the room with me. Period. Any hotel who feels otherwise will not get my business twice. Just do so responsibly to keep the mess to a minimum. Unfortunately some idiots clean fish and dump beach sand out of everything in their hotel rooms. So makes it hard on us all.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A little off topic, but I recently added some home depot aprons around the outside of my cart. Just tied them on and they give me places for bug spray, sunglasses, rags, etc. Think I paid about $1.00 an apron or so. A rolling home depot advertisement now but it works good. (Sorry I don't have pictures at the moment.)

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
If I stay at the coast my gear stays in the room with me. Period. Any hotel who feels otherwise will not get my business twice. Just do so responsibly to keep the mess to a minimum. Unfortunately some idiots clean fish and dump beach sand out of everything in their hotel rooms. So makes it hard on us all.
I have an SUV. I keep all my stuff in it. It has an alarm system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have trouble getting my fishnmate cart through all the hotel room doors at the Jolly Roger. Just about have to take everything out and turn it sideways. All the garden carts I have seen are larger and heavier than my cart.
Yeah if it won't fit through the door, I guess that's what I will have to do. With this many guys going, some of us are alway on the pier, so at least I'll only have to bring it in at night. I drive a Honda Ridgeline truck (love that thing!!) without a topper. When I booked the room (before I got the cart) I requested a ground floor room so I could bring my rolling cooler in. Glad I did that!!!! If I had not done that I guess I would have to chain it to the bed of my truck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A little off topic, but I recently added some home depot aprons around the outside of my cart. Just tied them on and they give me places for bug spray, sunglasses, rags, etc. Think I paid about $1.00 an apron or so. A rolling home depot advertisement now but it works good. (Sorry I don't have pictures at the moment.)
That is a GREAT idea!!! I need to go to HD to pick up the stuff to make the rod holders so I'm gonna get 1-2 of those!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
aren't they like $99? I guess it depends on how often and how you plan to use it. Sometimes good enough is "good enough".. If it is unused I would think a shop would work with you.

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Dont matter what cart you get, if you run it on sand any spring for the Wheel-eez wheels. Expensive but incredible. My cart loaded with coolers and our gear probably tips the scales at 200 pounds. I'm leaving a 1/16- 1/8 inch deep tire print in the soft sand. I"m running 3 pounds of air pressure. Well worth the money.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.