NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a trip to the beach for Friday night, as soon as I get of work, with me n my fiancé. Wad wondering where would probably b the best place to catch her some nice table fare and perhaps hang into something big. Heard that Spanish where biting pretty good up at Carolina beach. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
93 Posts
Saw your post the other day FishingCary with all those great looking macks and I headed down to Ocean Crest last Saturday and it was absolutely dead, biggest thing I saw come over the rails was a 8" sea mullet. I figured it was probably that big pressure change that came through the day before and cooled everything down. I hope the bite kicks up again for you guys soon!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Saturday the water was just straight mud. I hope it does pick back up once the water clears up. Right now the wind is too strong out of the SW. They have a sand bar just a hundred yards or so off the end of the pier and on a 15+ Kt SW wind the water will become really sandy. I remember when you could see super clear water just past the pier but we sat in mud all afternoon because of that wind (waves) kicking the sand up.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Muddy water cuts down the traffic of Spanish, they are sight feeding fish and mud or silt pushed the bait and Spanish out to clearer water.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Water is getting back right. Ocp got a king yesterday. Some nice Spanish off Carolina beach pier yesterday morning also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts