NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit PKS yesterday a couple of hours before high tide. Water was beautiful clear almost tropical looking. Plenty of mullet in the surf in the 6-8 inch range couldn't manage anything smaller. Put a 6 inch mullet out on a carolina rig something big grabs it after about a 5 minute fight figured it was a big ray ended up breaking him off. Had a bottom rig out with fleas and a small piece of fish bites bunch of pins and a couple of smallish sea mullet. Spotted some surface activity started throwing a 3/4 oz gold spoon second cast caught a small spanish. Next hour fish almost every cast mostly blues with a few spanish mixed in. Kept my limit of 12-14 inch blues and 5 spanish from 13-17 inches. After about an hour action turned off. Went back to bottom fishing with the same results as earlier. Another beautiful day at the beach and a decent trip. Had a blast throwing the gold spoon lost count of how many fish I threw back can't wait for my next trip.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.