NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit pks Tuesday 8/18 about 30 minutes before sunrise. Started of throwing a gold spoon caught about a dozen blues and two keeper spanish. Action slowed down about 7:30 or so. Put out a hand tied flouro rig with fleas about ten yards from shore in the slough caught a 15 inch sea mullet first cast. After that pin fish city. Quite a few schools of mullet passing threw so i netted a few dozen. caught a few short flounder on a carolina rig. Decide to throw a bigger bait on had about a 6-7 inch mullet on my rig. As I was slowly working it in about 15 feet from me maybe less something grabs it. I felt a lot of head shaking it makes a run or two nothing major. I see the fish cool nice slot drum wait no not a drum. 24 inch 5.75 lb speckled trout. Must have been really hungry she had a 6 inch partly digested pin fish in her stomach and few other smaller fish that i couldn't identify. Great day at the beach.​

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.