NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the fly fishing skills class at looking glass creek last week. Really enjoyed the trip. I really learned a lot and caught my first two wild brook trout. I would like to thank the volunteers and staff that put these classes on. I had bought a fly rod two months ago and was lost on the water. Line tangled around legs, lots of noise from improper casting technique, lost several flies in the trees and rocks, I felt like an idiot trashing around. The guide let me use a few different flies and showed me how to cast and present the fly. I will definitely be taking more of these classes in the future and recommend them to anyone wanting to learn to fly fish for trout. Only regret would be not taking pictures of my catch.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
definitely be taking more of these classes in the future
Congratulations on those first wild trout....and your plans to take more classes is an excellent approach. Even though I have
participated in many classes/seminars/clinics/presentations over the years....I still benefit from them and always manage to pick up something new. It's a great way to hone your skills and identify and correct bad habits you may have acquired.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts