NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking about taking a trip down to pitch kettle in the spring, where is the best place to launch, pm me if needed. I'm looking to do some bream fishing.
Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
The closest location to Pitch Kettle is Pelican Landing about a mile + or - down stream . It is just off River Rd and turn on Pelican Landing Rd . It is a pay ramp ...we kayak from there to Pitch Kettle. Need to CK and see if it is still open. The closest wildlife ramps is Maple Cypress ( Trigger suggested ) , Core Creek ( this is about one mile from PK) Turkey Quarter and Spring Garden ( this will be a bit of a run in a boat )

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
The wild life ramps will be the nicer but if you have a creek boat then all are great . The water in the channels there seem to be able to support a wide variety of boats from the fast bass boats to pontoons . I only kayak so I would ask Rouse D on this site ....he fishes this area a lot!!

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I have never put in at Pelican Landing, but it is the closest to PK. I've always put in at Core Creek. I have a small boat, but have seen some very big boats in that creek. It does get narrow, and you have to watch out for object under the water. Just take it easy and you'll be OK. If you put in at Core Creek, once you get into the Neuse, take a right, and stay slightly toward the right side of the river. PK is very deep in some place. I have seen bass boats over 20 foot there. Ramp cost used to be $2 at Core Creek if it hasn't changed. Another point is to check the Neuse River depth before putting in. I think even if the river is very low, you can still get to PK Creek Ok. Should be very good depth from Pelican landing back to PK. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.