NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be in Nags Head from August 4 to August 11. I'll be staying at the Outer Banks Beach Club near Kitty Hawk. They have told me that I cannot keep my kayak trailer on their property. I either need to find a place I can store my kayak and its trailer or some put in areas on the sound side if I have to carry my kayak on my rooftop. Any suggestions from would be appreciated.;):eek::cool:;)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Glenn: For people like us, a MUST have is the GMCO Waterproof Chartbook of North Carolina. Maps of the coast with particular attention to fishing areas and ramps- even the NC Wildlife Ramps. You can order from gmcomaps.com or if you don't have enough time, I got mine at Orvis at Triangle Town Center. It was $35. I use it all the time. Unfortunately, most of the time I use it to dream about where I am going to go next (month that is). This website will also give you all the wildlife commission ramps too: North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had forgot that a friend of mine owns a home down the street from where I'm staying. He told me to just leave the kayak trailer under his house. This makes things a lot nicer. I plan on fishing everyday. if anyone plans on fishing in that area next week let me know?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glenn, how was fishing? I moved to NC recently and I live in Wake Forest. I have been obsesed with striper/blues/false albie fishing (fly and spin) from the kayak in NY(LI) for a while, and now that I am down here, I am going through fishing withdrawal..I'm going to Nags head next week with the family, and I'm thinking about bringing the kayak or at least some rods at a minimun...any suggestions? Thank you...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
wELCOME bASSBLUES99 be sure to say hey in the meet n greet section as we have alot of fresh and salt yakers here....

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Welcome aboard '99'. I'm not to up on the summer striper fishery In the sounds up there but the water temps are probably a little too high for much striper action. The temps should start to change for the better in a few weeks I would think. I also have been waiting on Glenn to post a report. I know how it is coming back tired and behind everywhere you turn though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, here's my report. Wind blew out of the West, Southwest all week. I don't know if anyone caught many fish. On Tuesday I went out and waded into the water up to my hips. I was working the riff off the jetty on the south side of the Oregon Inlet bridge. That morning, the bait fish were abundant. So much so that every time I wiggled my line in the water baitfish would jump up and I could have caught them in a coffee cup. Caught a mess of Blues. They were only about 12 inches long, but abundant. 4 inch Bass Assassins, the ones that have a gray sparkle on top, white bottoms and chartreuse tails and the whitish glow-in-the-dark Assassins with the green tail on half ounce white jig heads worked predominantly. However, one was caught on a white/white round head bucktail. Trailers did not work on the bucktail. Lost about two to three dozen Bass Assassins because they were bitten in half. I did see a couple of Spanish Mackerels surfacing to feast on the baitfish. The next day I went back to the same spot, however, there were no baitfish. I met a tournament fishermen who chartered a half-day boat. He told me that they only caught a few small fish. The fish were gone also. That was all the fishing I could do because I had company show up. I also could not hook up with anyone, because my cell son was not working. They did tell me that Hatteras was working but I didn't have time to get down there. Oh, camera was broke to....sorry no pictures

Reactions: sinker man
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.