NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see what bait or lure winnes! what is your number one go to bait.The one that catches when all eles felles,the one you allways have with you.For freesh warter and salt warter. I have fished every where,My no.1 is the white road runner tiped with a chub or minnow or by its self.NORTH , east,west and south I have landed some big fish with it as well as all kinds.yes I use it in salt warter as well :cool:;)

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
If it were a lure to just catch A FISH of any random species I'd have to go with a small minnow crank.....Rapala. I'll be honest and say that a small fly with rubber legs will catch maybe more than anything though. For bass I'd have to go with a basic black trick worm. Works any time of year.....fish it as slow as needed, when needed.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
If you stranded me in a remote area with a rod and one lure it would be a gold bladed white tailed rooster tail. If anything is hungry it will hit it eventually.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
A small tub of bait shrimp #1 choice. I have caught Largemouth bass, Striped bass, Lot and lots of Bream, Crappie, Channel Catfish, Blue Catfish, Pompano, Drum, Croaker and more that I've forgotten. People don't know that it works as good for freshwater as it does for saltwater. Artificial I have caught more fish on a white zman paddletail and jighead than any other bait. This year I plan to focus a lot more on hardbaits tho.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
well so far for what I see its the rooster tail in the leed .For fresh and salt warter.
But they got the colors wrong. :) White with black spots, silver "ripple folded" (whatever you call the surface like a crinkle cut fry) blade caught most of my fish until I was a teenager, mostly bank fishing. I didn't start soft plastics until much later.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Growing up we didn't fish that much. If we did when I was a little boy we were mostly bank fishing with crickets etc. Usually my dad would end up pulling out a Roostertail and catching a bass or two on it. Hence my handle. I think it was the only artificial that I thought worked until I began fishing seriously myself.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
It was my dad's lure also. My uncles (who were actually better fishermen) used mostly bait and jigs in FL when we visited, but at home in AL and GA my dad took me to farm ponds (he worked for a large poultry company) and we fished what is basically the Rooster Tail, though the actual brand he bought was Abu Reflex. I just found an old (sold on Etsy) vintage one:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are so many difernt lures out to day.For fresh and salt warter ,And a hole lot of them can be used in bouth warters.I was hopeing to bring a lot of that out.So the ones that do"nt know will know.Jigs road runner is a jig with a blaid on it.Jigs are used on all typs of fish;) look at it like this ,whats a jig. led put on a hook often called led head.I look at outher lures that are maid the same but caiied something diferant. Some times we need to stelp out of the box .to see whats in it.Stelp out and think about it. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.