NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a little help.

Got family coming down between Christmas and New Years. B-I-L and nephews. Want to try and put them on some drum action.

I am located at the intersection of Adams Creek and Neuse River.

Shoals off of Raccon Island?

Shoot down to Morehead?

South River backwaters?

Just looking for a nudge in the general direction to head.

Thanks for all input and Happy Holidays!!!

Chuck

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
I would think you'll find Rat reds (small) around any of those areas, but I'm pretty new to this.. Fish as though you were after specks and if you hit reds they will strike!

Reactions: Gaffer

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Hey Chuck - I'm not very familiar with those waters so I can't help you with exact locations. Down here this time of year, puppy drum can usually be found in the creeks. Remember - mud holds heat longer, sand warms up faster. So on sunny days, fish the sand flats in or near creeks. On cloudy days or early morning look for the deeper holes and muddy bottoms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looking for a little help.

Got family coming down between Christmas and New Years. B-I-L and nephews. Want to try and put them on some drum action.

I am located at the intersection of Adams Creek and Neuse River.

Shoals off of Raccon Island?

Shoot down to Morehead?

South River backwaters?

Just looking for a nudge in the general direction to head.

Thanks for all input and Happy Holidays!!!

Chuck
Hey Chuck,
Go through the Indian Ditch down at the NE end of Turnagen Bay. When You get out hug the marsh to the SW and fish those up and around through the shallows. Or go through Core Creek and fish the HayStacks.
Glad to see you registered on my site. Spread the word. Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Chuck,
Go through the Indian Ditch down at the NE end of Turnagen Bay. When You get out hug the marsh to the SW and fish those up and around through the shallows. Or go through Core Creek and fish the HayStacks.
Glad to see you registered on my site. Spread the word. Thanks.
Capt Lee - thanks for the tips and will do.

Was exploring down that way (Turnagen Bay and the ditch) a couple weekends ago. Nice looking spots.

Thanks again,

Chuck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.