NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit up Cabin Lake this morning to check out a few areas for next week.;) Launched the boat and eased around trolling 1 rod to where I wanted to go, 1 crappie on. Nice way to start the day. Eased on around to where I wanted to check out and grabbed the fly rod with AP Diver. Had a few roll ups but no takers.

Caught this bream on the foam diver.

Crappie on a cricket.

Bream on a orange spider.

Pumpkinseed

Flier on a cricket

Racoon perch (yellow perch) on a cricket.

Had a lot of hits on spiders today. Still, nothing better than an assortment of fish on the cricket or on spider's.

***NOTE*** if you have not checked out your propeller on your tolling motor, today would be a good time. Pull it off and clean any fishing line or dirt out. TIGHTEN the nut on your prop. I that because right before I left, I was easing along the dam area and turned on the trolling motor. Nothing happened, I could hear it running. Pulled the motor up and the prop was gone...man hate when that happens. Last time that happened to me was in 1985 on a lake outside of Ft Lewis, Washington.

Good thing I was just about to the ramp and not all the way in the back. Had the wind to my back to an easy paddle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
After having that happen once before...I always carry a spare cotter pin and prop in the toolbox plus a cheap used trolling motor I found on Craigslist in the toolbox also...just in case.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Losing a prop hadn't crossed my mine in years, even after losing one years ago. I'll get a new one and have a spare trolling motor that will go into the truck for days that may get cut short because of loss or breakdown. I'll get another prop later but will start checking the locking nut on the prop more often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts