NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a one day seminar in Plymouth tomorrow I have about 3 hours to bank fish. I don't know what to use around the docks.. worms fly rods top water plugs I am thinking just cane pole and worms Just watch that cork bob.. I haven't done that in years. What can i expect?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Not many bass caught behind town on the banks with artificials. You will catch some small bream with bobbers but not much happening there as well.

Most of the guys bottom fish. There is mainly the possibility of catching catfish, carp, and white perch from the docks behind town using worms, shrimp, or stink bait. It's not the best place to fish, but you should catch something. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
338 Posts
With artificial lures from the banks behind town? Hmmm. How often do you do that? You used to be able to walk the banks by the old landing down by Weyerhaeuser and do pretty well because there was plenty of shore line that was easy to walk as well as all sorts of cover. Behind town is hard to fish walking up and down and there is not much cover besides docks. I haven't seen anyone fishing it for bass in a long time. Everyone I see is cork and bobber or bottom fishing. Bass fishing in one spot is not a lot of fun.
odd, we catch plenty of bass there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you never know til you wet a line. I didn't have any worms and made the mistake of going to the museum to ask where to buy worms, and I got hooked. Boy is Plymouth loaded with history! The boat museum was my favorite. Needless to say I didn't go fishing. My wife called me and her meeting was over in 3 short hours. No fish but I got hooked.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Next time head on over to Lake Phelps in the evening and catch the top water bite in those lilly pads they have over there.

With this cooler weather they could be hunting a meal in there. That area has a few spots to catch a Bass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts