NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping that someone knows where you can purchase replacement parts for a Polar Skiff. My searches are coming up empty.

West Marine and Overtons have universal parts but none seem to fit based on my measurements.

Suggestions?

I have a Polar Skiff 1780

Thanks

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Didn't Polar close shop around 08?

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a cover that I am wanting to replace for the front deck (storage), a few small items that can probably be found at West Marine or maybe even Bass Pro Shops. Was also curious about replacement costs for the seat on top of live well and back rest.

In short a small shopping list

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
if the seat structure is solid just have it recovered. If the hatch is there but badly damaged a fiberglass shop can use it to make a new one or rework it for you. You might just take the measurements and find something current that will work. The cooler seats are pretty universal and if you have to replace it all they arent bad online.

Reactions: RouseD and BigE818

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
if the seat structure is solid just have it recovered. If the hatch is there but badly damaged a fiberglass shop can use it to make a new one or rework it for you. You might just take the measurements and find something current that will work. The cooler seats are pretty universal and if you have to replace it all they arent bad online.
The hatch itself is not all that bad, but the latch is practically impossible to turn. I have tried two different lubes but it has made no difference. Last resort is to install an external latch

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
What style of latch, can you take a pic?

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry for the delay in responding. Attached are two photos of the hatch (inside and outside of hatch)

The actual latch takes a he man to move. I have tried three lubes, no improvement.

Let me know your thoughts.
Wood Gas Metal Composite material Concrete
Building Wood Door Window Grey

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
That is a pretty generic latch, should be able to match it up with something off the shelf but you can also go to a boat salvage but first I would remove it from the hatch, soak it in vinegar a couple of days then flush it out good with a can of PB Blaster. Any rust, crud, grunge accumulated in it will dissolve in the vinegar and the PB Blaster will remove it and leave some lubricating oil behind. Try these guys for used parts http://www.bullsmarinerepair.com/ only place I know of anywhere near you.

·
Red X Angler
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lol this thought was the first to cross my mind but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now knowing he has the word engineer in his job description maybe I shouldn't have ;)
LOL Trigger, I would not go so far as to say that. In my defense I did attempt opening the latch with rotating the locks in both directions (locked/unlocked) just to make sure. In the locked position you definitely can not turn it without breaking the twist handle.
I broke down yesterday and purchased a new latch in black from BoatStoreUSA. I was holding out for white, but since the boat is black and white suppose it does not matter.

Rick

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.